How do I delete all my personal information from my Samsung Galaxy Mega via factory reset?
Your device enables you to delete all of your personal information from the handset while leaving any inserted memory card alone. This feature is useful for removing your data before sending the device for replacement or repair, properly disposing of the device or giving the device to a friend or family member to use.
Your personal information cannot be recovered after using this feature. Please save any personal information you need to your computer prior to using this feature.
Performing a factory reset with your device to hand
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Backup and reset.
4. Touch Factory data reset.
5. Read the information provided then touch Reset device.
6. If you have a security lock enabled on the device you will be prompted to enter the lock information before proceeding.
7. Touch Delete all to delete all the information and downloaded applications.
The process may take a few minutes while your device removes your personal data and restores the Android platform to its original state. You can reinstall any downloaded or purchased applications from the Google Play store.
Remotely performing factory reset
Google offers an application that lets you track your Android device's location and it lets you reset the device's memory remotely. This application is available here. Both Location services and the Erase feature must be enabled and active on the device.
To enable the remote factory reset on the device:
1. From the Home screeen touch Apps.
2. Touch Google Settings.
3 Touch Android Device Manager.
4. Touch Allow remote lock and erase.
5. Touch Activate.
6. On your computer sign in to the website using the Google account associated with the device you want to locate.
7. Click Accept to allow the location data to be sent to Google. An interactive dialog box will display in the top-left corner.
8. Click Erase.
9. Click Erase again to confirm the deletion of all personal data on your device.