What are the different camera modes and how do I use them?
The camera modes available on your device vary depending on your device's software version and whether you're using the front or rear-facing camera.
Rear-facing camera modes:
- Food - lets you take pictures that emphasise the vivid colours you can get from foods
- Panorama - creates a photo in widescreen style to capture everything you want
- Pro - this feature allows you to manually change the settings to create the perfect picture
- Live focus - lets you blur the background images so you can focus on the closer image
- Auto - is the default setting of the camera which automatically adjusts the settings based on the object and lighting conditions
- Super Slow-mo (for video recording) - allows you to record a videos and play them back 32 times slower than normal videos and 4 times slower than videos taken with the slow motion option
- Slow motion (for video recording) - allows you to record a video and play them back 8 times slower than normal videos
- Fast motion (for video recording) - allows you to record a video and play it back up to 8 faster than its original speed
- Hyperlapse - a feature that allows you to create your own time-lapse video. It records at various frame rates which automatically adjust to what you’re recording
- Selective focus - this mode allows you to make specific objects or areas stand out in your photo
Front-facing camera modes (Selfie mode):
- Selfie Focus - allows you to take selfies that focus on your face by blurring the background and adjust your skin tone before taking self-portraits
- Selfie - allows you to take photos of yourself using the front facing camera only
- AR (Augmented Reality) Emoji - creates an animated version of yourself which can then be used to record your movements and facial expressions
- Wide Selfie - using Wide Selfie mode expands the angle up to 120 degrees, meaning you can fit more people into your pictures
- Virtual shot - allows you to create a series of photos so that you can easily view the subject from different angles
- Video collage - makes you a master visual storyteller, letting you tell the bigger picture with your favourite videos photo
- Live broadcast - broadcast videos on YouTube and share the link with your friends so they can watch it live
- Interval shot - you can take series of self-portraits at an interval and save photos you want
- Palm selfie - allows you to take a selfie with a wave at the camera
Some additional camera features can be downloaded through the Play Store app by typing Camera mode within the search bar.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
We are here to help | 9am-9pm, 7 days a week.
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
SmartThings Monday to Friday | 9am to 5:30pm
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensor and Outlets
Monday to Sunday | 8am to 10pm
Monday to Friday | 9am to 6pm
Calls to 0818 numbers are a National Call number.
These are subject to call charges which vary by network and are subject to change.
Calls maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website.
Find out more about how you can get face to face help.