Galaxy Note4: What is fingerprint scanner and how to register on the device?
Use Fingerprint recognition as an alternative security method to entering passwords.
In order for fingerprint recognition to function, your fingerprint information needs
to be registered and stored in your device. After registering, you can use your
fingerprint for the functions below at your option:
1. Go to Settings and tap Finger Scanner on PERSONALISATION.
2. Tap Fingerprint manager to register fingerprints. You must accept
the Terms and Conditions to use this function for the first time.
3. Read a disclaimer, and then tap OK.
4. Swipe your fingertip over the home key from the top of the indicated
area downwards. Repeat 10 times.
For best results, swipe the entire pad of your finger, from base to tip, across the
home key to register your fingerprint properly. And Keep your finger flat against
the home key and swipe at a moderate speed. The fingerprint sensor is sensitive
to moisture, so make sure both the screen and your fingertip are dry.
5. Tap Done to finish registering your fingerprints.
6. Enter a password to use when the fingerprint recognition function is temporarily
unavailable. Your password must contain at least one character.
7. Your fingerprint has been registered. Tap OK to use this fingerprint to unlock
7. You can check that one fingerprint is registered through Fingerprint manager.
Besides, you can register up to 3 fingerprints.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
From 08:00AM – 10:00PM All week Days
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .