What to do when fingerprint is not recognised properly on Samsung Galaxy S10 Series?
The ultrasonic fingerprint feature that Samsung have applied across the Galaxy S10 series, guarantee’s security and offers convenient usability. The location of the fingerprint scanner differs across the series.
- Galaxy S10+, S10: A built-in fingerprint recognition sensor at the bottom center of the screen
- Galaxy S10e: The Power key has a built-in fingerprint recognition sensor
When scanning fingerprints on the S10e/S10/S10+, be aware of the following common conditions that may affect the feature’s performance. Your device may not recognize fingerprints:
• That are affected by wrinkles or scars
• From small or thin fingers
• From dirty or dry fingers
• In extreme weather conditions (too cold or, too hot)
• From wet fingers
To improve recognition performance, you should register your fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
For Galaxy S10+, S10:
- Your devices built-in fingerprint recognition sensor is at the bottom centre of the screen. Ensure that the screen protector or the touchscreen on the sensor area is not scratched or damaged by objects such as coins, keys, pens, and necklaces.
- Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor area at the bottom centre of the screen and, your fingers are clean and dry
- If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Press the screen so that your fingertip spreads over the wide surface of the fingerprint recognition area
- Air gaps or foreign substances between protective film and screen may decrease the fingerprint recognition rate.
- Your device may not recognize fingerprints when the protective film/screen protector is not attached clearly and tightly on the screen of your device.
- Your device may not recognize fingerprints when attaching protective film/screen protectors that are unapproved by Samsung. Also, using thick or glass type protective films can decrease fingerprint recognition rate
- If the protective film/screen protector is dirty or scratched, please replace it with a new one. We recommend registering your fingerprint again for better recognition after replacing the protective film/screen protector.
Your device includes a pre-installed screen protector. If this requires replacing, we recommend using Samsung approved accessories which you can purchase at your local Samsung retailer. Alternatively, make sure the replacement screen protector you are using allows for use of all touch-screen features, including the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.
For Galaxy S10e:
• The Power key on your device is where the built-in fingerprint recognition sensor is located.
• If the fingerprint recognition sensor is covered with protective films, stickers, or other accessories, this may decrease its recognition rate. If the fingerprint recognition sensor area is initially covered with a protective film, remove the cover before using the feature.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor and your fingers are clean and dry.
• Your device may not recognize your fingerprints if you bend your finger or use a fingertip. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• Static electricity can build up in the device when in dry environments. Avoid using this feature in suck kind of environments or – before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object
Galaxy S10+/S10 software is available globally and it provide various performance improvements, including fingerprint recognition enhancements.
To enhance your experience, it is advisable to delete your existing fingerprints after software upgrade and register with a new one again.
In addition, S10+/S10 may not recognise fingerprints when attaching screen protective film or screen protector unapproved by Samsung. Attaching thick protective films or glass type protective films may also decrease fingerprint recognition rate.
We recommend to use only Samsung-approved accessories which can be purchased in your local Samsung retailer or Authorized Samsung Service Centre.