[Galaxy S8/S8+] How do I use Samsung DeX feature?
To use Samsung DeX feature, DeX Station (sold separately), Charger (TA), HDMI cable and Monitor, Mouse (Wired or BT) are must-have peripherals.
With the DeX Station, you can connect smartphone to a TV or monitor to use its features on a wider screen.
You can also connect with nearby devices, such as a keyboard or mouse.
To activate DeX Station, charger is required.
• For more information about using the DeX Station, refer to the DeX Station’s user manual.
• All accessories, including the DeX Station, are sold separately.
Be careful not to hurt your fingers when changing the angle of the smartphone support.
You may not use the DeX Station if you have attached a certain type of case, such as a flip cover or a hard case cover to your smartphone.
※ You can use the DeX Station more conveniently by connecting a wired keyboard and mouse to the DeX Station’s USB ports.
You can also use a wireless keyboard/mouse or Bluetooth keyboard/mouse by connecting them to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
• START SAMSUNG DeX (Samsung DeX mode): Display your smartphone screen with a computer interface on the connected TV or monitor.
• SWITCH TO SCREEN MIRRORING (screen mirroring mode): Display the same screen as your smartphone on the TV or monitor.
On the mode selection screen, tap START SAMSUNG DeX. Your smartphone’s screen will turn off and a virtual smartphone screen will appear on the connected TV or monitor.
※ Some apps may not appear on the Samsung DeX screen.
(※ To use MS Office, users must have a subscription in advance)
To end the connection, disconnect your smartphone from the DeX Station
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
UAE : 8AM to 10PM / 7 days a week
Qatar : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Kuwait : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Bahrain : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Oman : 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
UAE only : 24/7
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.