What Is Bokeh Filter And How To Use It?
In this FAQ:
• What is bokeh filter?
• Which Samsung phone has Live Focus with bokeh filter?
• How to use Live Focus to achieve bokeh effect?
• How to create blurry background effect even on S9?
What is Bokeh effect?
Bokeh (pronounced as BOH-kay) filter makes photographs visually appealing by blurring out the background and
focusing on the subject. Live Focus feature and allows you to apply bokeh effect in your photos.
This feature is available on S9+ and Note8.
How to use Live Focus to achieve bokeh effect?
Go to Camera app
Select Live Focus
Change depth of field to adjust the blur
Tap Camera icon to take a photo
Select a photo taken with the Live focus feature in Gallery
Tap ADJUST BACKGROUND BLUR
Adjust the blur and save the photo
Blurry background effect even on S9
Even though S9 doesn’t have Live Focus with bokeh filter, you can always achieve a similar effect by using the S9’s Selective Focus feature.
Go to camera app
Select Selective Focus
Tap Adjust background blur
Select any one of the 3 background blur options
The bokeh filter or effect may not work properly under the following conditions:
• The device or the subject is moving
• The subject is thin or transparent
• The subject has a similar color or pattern to the background
• The subject or background is plain
Thank you for your feedback!
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
Open 24 hours
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.